Wednesday, March 6, 2013

theme week 7

My mother is always willing to help others. She works full time, and a lot of weeks she works overtime, and still finds time to volunteer for various organizations. When I was little she volunteered to teach illiterate adults how to read, and when her student read ‘Green Eggs and Ham’ own her own for the first time they both cried, because she could now read her kids a bed time story. She volunteered at the Girl Scout office when I was in the troop and offered to sort all of my troop’s cookies at our house, then separate them into each girls order and drop them off. Even after a busy week at work she still volunteers for the hospital on weekends when she is not too busy. My mother will do anything for her family, no matter how much her sisters annoy her. When her mother started getting dementia my mom would spend nights at her house and drive her to daycare until she moved in with my aunt.

1 comment:

  1. This one is particularly strong up the middle with details--I remember helping sort GS cookies, so I KNOW your mother must be a saint!

    ReplyDelete