Monday, March 18, 2013

prompt 39, Conquering my science book

Studding for my biology test. Trying to read the necessary chapters of the text book. Reading about veins and capillaries, red blood cells and white blood cells. Things that may be interesting to others or even to me at a different time, but right now are just keeping me from playing with my new MacBook.
**
Check the clock; it’s only been 2 minutes, though it feels like hours. Still reading the same page, bored out of my mind. I’ve had to read the same paragraph several times because I’m not taking in any of the information. My eyes keep wandering to my MacBook, but I know if I start setting it up I won’t finish studding, and I can’t fail this test.
**
Another agenizing 2 minutes, finally on another page, though I’m not sure I remember anything I just read. The book is talking about viruses and infections now, vaguely interesting but not as interesting as my mac. I really want to set it up and try it out, but I still have 50 pages to read.

1 comment:

  1. :)

    I just got a Kindle Fire HD and instead of playing with it, I guess I'm supposed to be reading my 162 student writing!

    You handle these linked vignettes fine--those asterisks do the time-lapse perfectly.

    Now, stop reading my comment and go play with your Mac.

    ReplyDelete