Wednesday, February 6, 2013

library (prompt substitution)

At the library there are certain rules you follow. Certain edicate you adhere to least you get yelled at or kicked out by the librarian. When in a library the most important rule is to be silent, read your book in peace without disturbing the other patrons. If you absolutely need to speak to someone whisper quietly and be conscious to others around you who are trying to work or read their own things, and never talk on the phone in the library, all calls should be taken outside. Never disturb someone who is preoccupied and never spy on others and what they are reading or working on. Another big rule is no food or drink around the books least you spill something on them and damage the pages. Violation of any of these rules often leads to the librarian’s wrath and possibly being thrown out.
Working in the library on my statistics homework, I can’t figure out how to make the math program work on the computer. I look around at others people’s computers to try and see if they happen to be working on the same thing. Of course no one is and I give up completely. I go to find I silent corner where  I can call my mom but before I find one I see my friend waving at me from a table. She is sitting at a table working on her laptop, trying to come up with a design for one of her classes. I go sit with her and we begin to talk, trying to keep it to a whisper, but occasionally falling and having to be reminded by my friend to keep it down. Soon we decide to go and get lunch before we start eating in the library and incur the librarian’s wrath.

1 comment:

  1. I like very much the way the general version and the specific, personal version mirror each other, making the same points in different ways.

    ReplyDelete