Sunday, January 27, 2013

Prompt 6

Unlike some other women I don't collect purses, I collect wallets. I have a whole shelf full of them and I use a different one every few weeks, at last count I had over twenty all together. The oldest I have is a leather wallet from my trip to Florida when I was in third grade. I got it at the Epcot Center, it has horses embossed on the front, a saddle on the back, and a deer in the center. At the time I loved horseback riding and had to get the wallet. Another wallet made of cheep black vinyl covered in different colored skulls. I bought it at Borders, my favorite book store, a few years before it went out of business. Several wallets are ones I have gotten from anime conventions over the past few years, each one with a different video game character or anime that I was currently obsessing over. Many more wallets were ordered online, mostly anime, or bought in the mall. Some are checkered or stripped, some long others short. Some made of paper, some leather, others cloth or vinyl. Some have my favorite super hero logos on them or characters from one of my favorite movies The Nightmare Before Christmas. The last wallet I bought was last Monday. I actually bought two, one small one with a fairy on the front, and another long black one with the logo from the Legend Of Zelda video games. Over the next few years I'm sure that I'll buy many more wallets from various places, and they will all end up on that shelf, overflowing and falling off until I reorganize them.

1 comment:

  1. I think I've had about four wallets since I was 14--I just carry them til they fall apart or, in one case, are stolen. (And that was a nice wallet too--a trifold with soft brown microsuede inside and dark green leather outside, not to mention my license, credit card, social security card, 75 $, etc.)

    I'm always a big fan of tight and specific description like this piece.

    ReplyDelete