Wednesday, May 1, 2013

week 15 choice 4

I never liked writing much; it was too difficult for me to get my ideas out onto paper. Assignments were often turned in late in school because I would procrastinate and find something else to do. Even if I could get the words I wanted to say out, my ADD brain wouldn’t allow me to sit and write for very long before I had to go do something else.
            Over the years I got better at writing, but my procrastination still slows the process down, even now I keep drumming on the keyboard and have to delete the random letters that appear when I hit the keys. But I have come to enjoy writing, although I don’t do it in my spare time much. I would like to someday write a book and have it published, but that may take a while, I don’t even know what I would like to write a book about.
            I would like to be a bestselling writer and maybe get a house on the edge of town. Write a trilogy or series that lasts a few years. But try and stay out of the spotlight a bit, maybe use a pen name, I don’t like attention much.
            This semester during this class I have learned to look at things that I write about in new, interesting ways. I think my descriptions have improved and I have increased my patience for writing a bit more. Some of the prompts and themes were a bit hard for me but I think that I have learned from them and I have gotten better at writing because of this class.

1 comment:

  1. Anyone who loves to read as much as you do and who dreams of being a writer...ought to write!

    I like the graf I pushed you to write, the one where you imagine yourself already there. That's creative nonfiction!

    ReplyDelete